Key Info for this Podcast:
I’m very excited to bring back Brittany Stone for this discussion, and also welcome Emily Grossman. Emily is a person with the lived experience of having a mental health condition, and is now working in the field as a trainer as well as running her own Peer Life Coaching Business.
Join Emily, Brittany and I today as we discuss:
- Emily’s personal recovery story, with a focus on how it impacted her college years
- Emily’s side business as a Peer Life Coach
- Brittany discussing our desire to bring a peer mentorship initiative to Rutgers
- The benefits of peer mentorship for the mentor, the mentee, and the faculty that support such programs
- Our desire to learn more about anyone who’s been involved with peer mentorship… please reach out to us!
Important Links for Today’s Episode:
Emily’s Peer Life Coaching Business Site – https://www.emilygrossman.net/
Brittany can be reached at: email@example.com
- If you are a recent college grad or faculty member that’s in recovery for mental health issues, I’d love to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the wellness strategies you used! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy. There are a variety of ways to reach out.
- Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Official Podcast Website
- Visit the podcast’s Facebook page! or
- Follow the podcast on Twitter
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, or Google Play. A rating and/or review would also really help out the show and allow new listeners to discover it. Thanks for all the reviews so far!
- Looking for help on how to become a better online student in college? Try my course, Ace Your Online Class, available on Udemy. It’s got lots of tips and strategies on how to not only survive learning online in today’s college environment, but thrive! Totally free.
- Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s intro music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: email@example.com