Key Info for this Podcast:
I have a few topics I’ve been meaning to cover but never got a chance because they wasn’t enough content to fill an entire episode, so I’m combining three of those topics together today into a potpourri episode of sorts! Join me today as we discuss:
- Photovoice and why it’s an interesting way to enact positive social change for disadvantaged populations
- My review of the book Skin in the Game, by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- What does it mean to have Skin in the Game?
- Who has and does not have skin in the game?
- How the minority rules over the majority, and what this means for people with disabilities
- The Silver Rule
- Some thoughts on lifestyle design for college students
Important links for today’s Episode:
Photovoice Website – https://photovoice.org/
Skin in the Game – https://www.amazon.com/Skin-Game-Hidden-Asymmetries-Daily/dp/042528462X
Robinhood Trading App – https://www.robinhood.com/
If you are a recent college grad or faculty member that’s in recovery for mental health issues, I’d love to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the wellness strategies you used! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy. There are a variety of ways to reach out.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for help on how to become a better online student in college? Try my course, Ace Your Online Class, available on Udemy. It’s got lots of tips and strategies on how to not only survive learning online in today’s college environment, but thrive! Totally free.
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s intro music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: email@example.com