Hi Everyone! So happy to be back recording again.
Key Info for this Podcast:
- What is it?
- Mathematical technique
- Statistical technique
- What do you use it for?
- News, what is the truth?
- Narrow down what to explore further
- How do you triangulate?
- Look for life patterns
- Notice elements/concepts that repeat across different walks of life
- This is the universe trying to point you in the right direction
Books I read/am reading this summer
- Growth Mindset (Research on Grit, talking with colleague, experience with son)
- Principles: Ray Dalio (Carter Thomas, news about new book, FB news, LI connection)
- Jordan Peterson 12 Rules of Life (Vin Armani, reddit, Twitter, Taleb)
Close w/ talk about accountability
I’m looking for someone to interview about first episode psychosis (FEP). Email me if you know anyone!
Important Links from Today’s Episode:
Carol Dweck’s The Growth Mindset https://alexvermeer.com/why-your-mindset-important/
Ray Dalio’s Principles https://fourminutebooks.com/principles-summary/
Jordan Peterson’s 12 Rules for Life https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Rules_for_Life
Accountability site I mentioned (free): https://www.getmotivatedbuddies.com/
If you are a recent college grad or faculty member that’s in recovery for mental health issues, I’d love to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the wellness strategies you used! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy. There are a variety of ways to reach out.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for help on how to become a better online student in college? Try my course, Ace Your Online Class, available on Udemy. It’s got lots of tips and strategies on how to not only survive learning online in today’s college environment, but thrive! Totally free.
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s intro music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: email@example.com