Why I picked today’s topic (function stacking)
Quick intro on permaculture
Student question about reusing an old paper
Key Info for this Podcast:
image borrowed from http://leap-start.com/urgent-vs-important/
Today we’re going to talk about the Urgency/Importance Matrix, and how it can help you feel more productive at school by identifying where each of tasks you have to do belongs in the matrix. The idea is to decrease the amount of distractions and increase the amount of time working on tasks in what I’ll call the “Quadrant of Productivity.”
A picture of the matrix is included in the blog post/show notes. For the listening audience, here’s a breakdown of each quadrant:
Quadrant 1 (important & urgent)
Quadrant 4 (not important & not urgent)
Quadrant 3 (urgent & not important)
Quadrant 2 (important & not urgent)
Examples of each
This week, think about the things that are bogging you down. Which quadrant do you see them in? How we can we devote more of our time and resources to Quadrant 2?
- First interview ever on Thursday! Tune in to hear Andrea talk about Supported Education.
- Ongoing Schedule
- 2 episodes per week for the next 15 weeks (Traditional College Semester)
- 1st one (Mon) will be goal focused
- 2nd one (Thurs) mental health focused
- Forum is at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/collegestudentsuccess It’s a public sub and all are invited to join, so please keep that in mind when posting.
- Blog is at www.collegestudentsuccesspodcast.com
- Email address: email@example.com
- Link to thread on reddit to discuss the episode: https://www.reddit.com/r/collegestudentsuccess/comments/3pdyea/episode_15_urgency_and_importance_for_college/