My Facebook launch this week
Key Info for this Podcast:
This history of the wellness toolbox, the first part of a Wellness & Action Recovery Plan.
Why an arsenal instead of a toolbox? I dunno, I just think the name Wellness Toolbox is dumb. Since using the phrase ‘Wellness Arsenal’ in my last podcast, I’ve been thinking about it. Last night I was inspired to do something about it, so on a whim I looked up www.wellnessarsenal.com to see who owned the domain, cause I think it’s cool. Guess what??? Nobody owned it… until last night! Go ahead and google it now and see where you end up! 🙂
I’ve been further inspired since last night. Starting next week, I’m going to devote an ongoing portion of the Thursday podcast episodes to discussing one weapon to continue adding to your arsenal per week, for the rest of the Thursdays this semester. We have 5 more Thursday podcasts left (sorry I will NOT be podcasting on Thanksgiving Day), so I’ll be able to equip you with 5 weapons between now and the end of the semester.
Your home-based exercise (yeah I know, more homework, but this ins’t real h/w) after listening each week will be to “sharpen the saw” as Stephen Covey would say (See Episode 19), and take some time to think about how to improve your usage of each weapon.
Which weapons will you brandish when you need them? Pick the weapon that best fits what you’re trying to demolish.
- Physical Activity
- A comfortable space
- Support people (counselors/therapists)
- The Internet
- Natural sunlight
- Warmth/Cooling sensations
On Monday’s episode we talked about thinking about ways to be more Proactive (Habit 1) and Sharpen the Saw (Habit 7). We now have a plan to take saw sharpening lessons together for the next bunch of Thursdays, so if all you have time for is one single thing related to this podcast, make it something proactive! Go outside of your comfort zone to do something you know you need to do but have been procrastinating on. C’mon, it won’t be so bad.
- New Facebook page has people on and Liking It!!! Come by and say hi!
- Ongoing Schedule
- 2 episodes per week for 15 weeks (Traditional College Semester)
- 1st one (Mon) will be goal focused
- 2nd one (Thurs) mental health focused
- Forum is at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/collegestudentsuccess It’s a public sub and all are invited to join, so please keep that in mind when posting. FYI – I will no longer be posting show links on the sub
- Blog is at www.collegestudentsuccesspodcast.com
- Email address: email@example.com