Holy Cow so much has happened since we last spoke!
Apologies for missing Monday’s show, here’s why it happened. Hint: It’s from the direct impact of one of the major themes I talk about for success in college students…
My impressions of The Four Hour Workweek, which I am almost finished with
An amazing keynote speaker I saw today at a Conference, Dr. Dan Tomasulo
His main point today was that Happiness is a choice. It’s not always an easy choice, and does involve some insight into your feelings. Simply put, it’s taking steps to reduce feelings of pessimism, resentment, and anger. At the same time, you work on promoting areas in your life that bring you serenity, allow you empathize with others, and by showing gratitude.
Your choice to be happy can reward you later in life, as evidenced by the Nun study, which I learned about today.
Key Info for this Podcast:
This week’s tool to sharpen the saw for the wellness arsenal is inspired by Mr. Ferriss. It’s called the Pareto Principle, otherwise known as the 80/20 rule. Here are is a great step by step guide to doing an 80/20 analysis in your life.
An example of the 80/20 rule when thinking about college success.
Oh crap, no Monday show meant no home exercise for this week! I’m so sorry everyone! All I want you to do this week is ponder this idea that happiness is a choice. Think about ways you reduce the negative feelings and promote the positive ones. Think about who you spend time with. Take one small step, try and make one tiny change that’s doable, starting tomorrow, that might begin to lead you in this direction. I mean, who couldn’t stand to be a little more happier, right?
- Ongoing Schedule
- 2 episodes per week for 15 weeks (Traditional College Semester)
- 1st one (Mon) will be goal focused
- 2nd one (Thurs) mental health focused
- Forum is at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/collegestudentsuccess It’s a public sub and all are invited to join, so please keep that in mind when posting. FYI – I will no longer be posting show links on the sub
- Blog is at www.collegestudentsuccesspodcast.com
- Email address: email@example.com