It’s Week 13 of the school semester everyone! After today, there’s only 5 podcasts left for the semester! You probably have a similar amount of classes remaining, or even less if your class meets once a week!
This is the time when your weekly planning is really going to come in handy. I’m going to talk today about some extra steps you can take to address the seemingly insurmountable amount of work left to be done this semester.
My most recent grad school class experience
Key Info for this Podcast:
If you’ve been keeping up with you task management, you are so far ahead of the game right now, and probably aren’t sweating the end of semester much. For those that might have fallen behind, here are some things to consider as your prep for finals:
Review your syllabi
Use your natural resources (students who already had teacher)
Prepare a study outline (overall, by class)
Negotiating with your professor
Taking an Incomplete
The suggested home exercises for each week this semester:
- Set a big goal that ties into your passion.
- Write it down, then figure out the first few steps and write them down too.
- Figure out dependable time capture and task management tools.
- Look back at the first steps, think about what they might have in common, they should lead you to developing a simple ritual (waking up earlier, studying at same time every day, drinking more water).
- Today, think about the people around you, or the places where you have the opportunity to meet people. Think about one person you can approach to have a conversation. Again, you’re not asking them to be your mentor. You just want them at this point to know who you are.
- Try to work a weekly review into your workflow; get into the ritual of methodically checking up on your To-Do list and calendar once a week.
- Think about the things that are bogging you down. Which quadrant do you see them in? How we can we devote more of our time and resources to Quadrant 2?
- This week, try to take a step back, and look at where you’re at a little more globally. Are you on the right path?
- Be proactive! Do something to get you closer to your goals that you’ve been thinking about but having trouble executing.
- Clarify your To-Do list. Are all of the steps actionable? Are you waiting on anything from anyone? Start a Someday/Maybe list to get those things off your mind.
- Ponder the idea that happiness is a choice. Think about ways you reduce the negative feelings and promote the positive ones. Think about who you spend time with. Take one small step, try and make one tiny change that’s doable that might begin to lead you in this direction.
- Express gratitude to someone else in written form. A handwritten note would be best, but email is allowed for this exercise.
- Do an 80/20 analysis on your remaining school commitments? What is that most important 20% that is going to lead to 80% of the output? Dedicate time in the next week to those activities.
- Ongoing Schedule
- 2 episodes per week for 15 weeks (Traditional College Semester)
- 1st one (Mon) will be goal focused
- 2nd one (Thurs) mental health focused
- Forum is at Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/collegestudentsuccess It’s a public sub and all are invited to join, so please keep that in mind when posting. FYI – I will no longer be posting show links on the sub
- Blog is at www.collegestudentsuccesspodcast.com