- Hey yo and welcome back everyone!
- So you may have noticed something different. Some intro music! Isn’t that kick-ass?
- Story about Ex Number Five
- Feedback I received about last semester format has me changing it up to one podcast a week and including everything I’d cover over two episodes in the past.
- There will be 15-16 episodes this semester, one per week. Not sure how I’m going to handle Spring Break yet.
- I will have refocused energy to stay on track and on what it takes to get that goal. Going down to one podcast per week has made it possible for me to outline the entire season ahead of time, which should lead to better quality shows that are more goal achievement-focused podcast overall.
- A rough outline of the shows I have tentatively planned is on the blog now, so you can see what we have in store this semester. Check out the ideas I have planned at www.collegestudentsuccesspodcast.com or at www.facebook.com/collegestudentsuccesspodcast
- Writing (poetry specifically)
- Music (indie music like Modest Mouse when they used to be indie)
- Experiments integrating psychedelics with the above two passions
The amount of money that something is worth : the price or cost of something
Something that can be bought for a low or fair price
Usefulness or importance
influence or power used to achieve a desired result
the increase in force gained by using a lever
- Whenever I discussed the importance of writing down your goals, or the steps you’re going to take to achieve them, that’s accountability.
- When I talked about telling other people what you plan to do, that’s accountability.
- When I urged you to have a planner/calendar to organize your obligations, you guessed it, accountability.
- Passion – It’s the “why” behind the goal, and it all starts here
- Value – It’s what the goal should bring you
- Leverage – Smart goal-planning can lead to a better potential payoff down the road
- Accountability – Gets you to take action on the goal
- Sustainability – Make those actions meaningful and part of an efficient routine
- It’s all about passion, even if one or more of those other factors don’t fit right now
- Make the goal SMART – Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Realistic, Time-based
- Speaking of time, it should take about 3 months or so to achieve.
- How I picked this 3 mo. time frame.
- My goal for this upcoming semester