National Suicide Awareness Week – September 5th-11th, 2016 – http://www.suicidology.org/about-aas/national-suicide-prevention-week
World Suicide Awareness Day – Saturday September 10th, 2016 – https://www.iasp.info/wspd/
How do you remember the Warning Signs of Suicide?
Here’s an easy-to-remember mnemonic:IS PATH WARM? I Ideation
S Substance AbuseP Purposelessness
H HopelessnessW Withdrawal
M Mood Changes
Topic of the day from r/college
Today’s Topic: Interview with Brian Robben
Join me today as we discuss:
- What made Brian want to come on the show
- What people can find on Brian’s website TakeYourSuccess.com
- Why should college students should not wait to begin thinking and developing their entrepreneurial spirit
- How we see building a brand relating to being a successful college student in today’s day and age
- Goal-setting strategies for curiosities and passions
- Positive habits/routines Brian relies on for success and recommends for college students
- Advice for college students out there that might be going through some kind of mental health issues and having a hard time following through on the goals of their dreams at this point
- To learn more about Brian’s website check out: http://www.takeyoursuccess.com/
- To check out his new book “How to College” on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/How-College-Brian-Robben-ebook/dp/B01L2VFYWE/
- Now that you have a goal, it’s time to map it out.
- Wherever you wrote down you goal last week, return to it now.
- What are the major parts of the goal that jump out at you?
- Begin to break the goal down in chunks.
- Each chunk can be broken down further into steps (not all at once if you don’t want).
- You may benefit from giving each chunk a deadline as well.
Previous Week’s Home Exercises
- Write down you goal for this semester. It should be one single goal, something you really, really want, and something you can achieve in 3 months.
If you have mental health issues and a success story to tell (current college student or former), I’d like to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the recovery strategies you learned, let me know!
Email me at: email@example.com
Are you a college student who is brand new to online learning? Or maybe you struggled in your first go-around with your online course and can’t figure out the mindset behind online learning? Please be sure to check out this course I made: https://aceyouronlineclass.thinkific.com Price just dropped.
You can also visit the podcast’s Facebook page. That can be found at:
Please subscribe to my podcast in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, or Google Play. A rating and/or review would also really help out the show and allow new listeners to discover it. Thanks for all the reviews so far!
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org