Week #13, here we are
My Recent Recovery Story
Today’s Topic – Heuristics
The Undoing Project – The story of Tversky & Kahneman’s work together
Home Exercise this week
Look out for times you use heuristics over the next week, and how they influence your decision-making.
Previous week’s home exercises
- Set a SMART goal with an approximate completion date of 3-4 months from now. It may help to think about your goal in terms of wellness.
- Complete the Personal Medicine Worksheet (link above), considering how it relates to your goal.
- Tell one other person about the goal you intend to achieve this semester. This accountability trick helps make the goal “real” if you’ve been holding it inside of you up until now, and also serves as a means to get started if you haven’t already.
- Tackle the scariest step of your goal that’s within reach. Time to make some real progress. Be fearless in your pursuit of that goal.
- Create a list of Wellness activities that you can “put in your toolbox/arsenal” to keep yourself well while in college.
- Complete your Academic Daily Wellness Plan that will outline the habits you find helpful in maintaining your academic wellness.
- Complete the section of the Academic Wellness Plan on Triggers.
- Complete the section of the Academic Wellness Plan on When Things Break Down / Get Worse.
- Finish completing your WRAP plan.
- Finish the last big chunk of your goal that you’ve been working on this week, or start planning out the next chunk of your goal.
If you have mental health issues and a success story to tell (current college student or former), I’d like to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the recovery strategies you learned! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy, but the invitation to come on the podcast and talk about your successes, as well as strategies you learned to help manage, stands for all. Please reach out.
Email me at: email@example.com
Are you a college student who is brand new to online learning? Or maybe you struggled in your first go-around with your online course and can’t figure out the mindset behind online learning? Please be sure to check out this course I made: https://aceyouronlineclass.thinkific.com Price is now $19, podcast listeners may email me for a coupon code for an additional $9 off, so get at me!
You can also visit the podcast’s Facebook page. That can be found at:
The podcast now has a Twitter feed! I mainly tweet out links to podcast episodes when they drop, as well as connecting with and recognizing my influences as they help contribute to the development of content. Follow the podcast: @DMalenczak
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for the music for today’s episode.