- Why I’m doing a show about fraternities/sororities
- Short video about TWLOHA
- iTunes review drive for TWLOHA, I’ll pay $15 PER REVIEW I recieve between until the end of the September. Get your reviews in now, help out a worthy cause
Key Info for this Podcast:
Join Ashley and I today as we discuss…
- her position as a “Greek Life Specialist” and then what led her to getting that title.
- what made you interested in the position
- goals of frats/sororities (designated philanthrophy)
- dispelling some myths about fraternities. Spoiler Alert: they’re not all how they are portrayed in the movies!
- how fraternities/sororities might benefit people with mental health issues
- how faculty collaborate with frat/sororities
- as a college student who’s recently graduated, Ashley’s most important tools for success
- her advice for faculty related for helping students with MH needs to better succeed in college
Websites/Links Referenced on the Show:
To Write Love On Her Arms – https://twloha.com/
TWLOHA 10 year video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB5MnYtD-K8
Omega Sigma Psi – Ashley’s sorority https://kean.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/omega-sigma-psi
iTunes page for Podcast Reviews – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/college-student-success-podcast/id1034403046
- Pick a goal, something you want that matters to you. Write it down, and better yet, tell someone you’re close to about it to help with accountability.
- Write down a plan for your goal. List out the steps, assign a deadline to the first step. Put that step on your To-Do List.
- Take one step this week to “find your tribe.” If you’re already new to a tribe this semester, do one thing to strengthen your ties with that new tribe.
If you are a recent college grad or faculty member that’s in recovery for mental health issues, I’d love to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the wellness strategies you learned! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy. Please reach out.
Email me at: email@example.com
Are you a college student who is brand new to online learning? Or maybe you struggled in your first go-around with your online course and can’t figure out the mindset behind online learning? Please be sure to check out this course I made: Ace Your Online Class
Please subscribe to my podcast in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, or Google Play. A rating and/or review would also really help out the show and allow new listeners to discover it. Thanks for all the reviews so far!
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s intro music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org