Key Info for this Podcast:
Join Lisa and I today as we discuss…
- What it has been like managing a mental illness while being a student in college
- Some of the biggest obstacles related to school Lisa’s had to overcome?
- What does recovery mean to her
- The importance of a support network, and how they impacted the timeline of Lisa’s recovery
- What was it that made Lisa change her mind about withdrawing from school and deciding to stick it out
- Lisa’s advice for college students with mental health issues that have big goals/dreams and might be struggling right now to make any progress on them
- Her advice for faculty related to helping students with mental health issues succeed in college. What can we do better?
Websites/Links Referenced on the Show:
Peer Provider Training Info – http://www.dbsalliance.org/pdfs/training/Peer-Specialist-Training-and-Certification-Programs-A-National-Overview%20UT%202013.pdf This resource lists (by state) the status of different Peer Provider Certification Programs across the US (sorry international folks)
iTunes page for Podcast Reviews – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/college-student-success-podcast/id1034403046
We are still running our podcast review drive through the month of September. TWLOHA – https://twloha.com/
- Pick a goal, something you want that matters to you. Write it down, and better yet, tell someone you’re close to about it to help with accountability.
- Write down a plan for your goal. List out the steps, assign a deadline to the first step. Put that step on your To-Do List.
- Take one step this week to “find your tribe.” If you’re already new to a tribe this semester, do one thing to strengthen your ties with that new tribe.
- Ask for some help related to your goal.
If you are a recent college grad or faculty member that’s in recovery for mental health issues, I’d love to interview you about your goal achievement quest, the struggles/adversity you faced, as well the wellness strategies you learned! I’m particularly interested in interviewing student entrepreneurs and those involved in mental health advocacy. Please reach out.
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a college student who is brand new to online learning? Or maybe you struggled in your first go-around with your online course and can’t figure out the mindset behind online learning? Please be sure to check out this course I made: Ace Your Online Class
Please subscribe to my podcast in iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Soundcloud, or Google Play. A rating and/or review would also really help out the show and allow new listeners to discover it. Thanks for all the reviews so far!
Thanks to Rob Cavallo for today’s intro music. For more information about him or the music you heard today, you can email: email@example.com